The Galilee Missionary Baptist Church was organized in the year of 1889 by the late Rev. T. M. Allen, Rev. Rainwaters, Deacon Andy Thorton and others. At that time, the church was located about one mile below the Marietta Campground. After some 15 or 20 years, the church moved to their second facility. That building was built in the early 1920's. In our first 100 years as Galilee Baptist Church, we have experienced many changes, but through our faith in God and His ability to sustain us, we move forward.
Today, under the capable leadership of Rev. Donald B. Crampton, Galilee Missionary Baptist Church will continue to grow and follow God's Word.